BlackVue DR900S-2CH Dual Lens 4K GPS WiFi Cloud-Capable Dashcam
The DR900S-2CH is BlackVue's newest and flagship dual-lens dash cam. The BlackVue DR900S-2CH is a dual-lens dash cam that records in 4K Ultra HD from the front lens and Full HD 1080p from the rear lens. Not only does the BlackVue DR900S-2CH offer BlackVue Over The Cloud, built-in GPS, and a direct WiFi connection, it also offers video quality and performance on a whole new level above any other dashcam line.
Speaking of video quality, the DR900S-2CH's forward-facing camera records at 30 frames per second with an incredible resolution of 3840x2160 (4K 2160p). The BlackVue DR900S-2CH can better capture important details of an event, such as those critical faces or license plate numbers and keeps the details sharp even during fast action. Driving at night? The 8MP CMOS sensor also offers low-light video capabilities far superior to older models.
The 1920x1080 (Full HD 1080p) rear-facing camera lens of the DR900S-2CH adds an extra layer of protection. Best of all, the two cameras work together to cover practically all angles around your vehicle.
Even though the camera records in 4K, users will not have to sacrifice resolution for longer recording times. The DR900S Series features H.265 codec, also called High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC). With H.265, 4K UHD video file size is similar to that of Full HD H.264 found in previous versions. In other words, you get 4 times bigger and better images without sacrificing recording time. To maximize recording time: set Codec to H.265 and Quality to Normal.
Features of the dash cam include:
4K UHD / FHD Recording
- With the new Ultra HD 8-Megapixel CMOS Sensor and processor, the DR900S-2CH records at 3840 x 2160 4K UHD @ 30 fps recording on the front and 1920 x 1080 on the rear.
- The DR900S uses H.265 compression codec for the best quality with the highest video compression while retaining full resolution
BlackVue Over The Cloud
- With the free Over-the-Cloud service, access the front and rear cameras live and make changes to dash cam settings with the addition of a built-in or mobile WiFi hotspot in the vehicle.
- Be alerted whenever events such as accidents or removal of the dash camera from the Cloud occurs.
- Small business owners can monitor vehicles on a map in real time and communicate with drivers via two-way communication.
- In a large company, monitor all vehicles and significantly reduce installation and maintenance costs relative to other traditional surveillance systems.
- Find out much more about the BlackVue Over The Cloud Service here.
Audio Recording/Speaker Capabilities
- Audio recording can be disabled permanently in the BlackVue settings, or temporarily by swiping a finger on the left side of the front camera
- Built in speaker for voice alerts
- New dual-band WiFi for connecting to either 2.4 or 5GHz WiFi hotspots
- Connect to BlackVue’s official app (for Android, iPhone, and Windows 8.1+ devices) via built in WiFi to change configurations, live-stream the dash cam, and download recorded videos at your fingertips without removing the SD card
- Upload downloaded videos directly to YouTube with the BlackVue app
- Built in GPS tracks vehicle location and speed and visualizes your route on map with BlackVue’s official app
Ease of Use
- User-friendly unit communication via voice alerts and simple LED icons
- Scheduled Reboots in Parking Mode Option: turn on to improve system stability. As with any electronic, a scheduled reboot will help keep the BlackVue DR900S-2CH running smoothly.
- Windows and Mac compatible BlackVue PC Viewer software
- **BlackVue is the only dash cam provider that is Mac compatible
- Slim, compact, matte black, cylindrical body for discreet recording
- Double-channel recording
- Easily detachable from mounting bracket via unit lock button for easy storage/hiding
Video Storage Capabilities
- Event File Overwrite Protection: this new option can protect up to 50 event files from being overwritten
- Adaptive Format-Free File Management: improved recording stability and reduced need for periodic microSD card formatting
- MicroSD card storage compatibility (16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB)
- **We recommend sticking with BlackVue memory cards due to their excellent tolerance to extreme temperatures and constant read/write cycles
Video Recording Capabilities
- Front Camera: Ultra HD 8-Megapixel CMOS Sensor. 4K UHD 2160p @ 30 FPS, Full HD 1080P @ 60 FPS
- Front Camera: Diagonal 162°, Horizontal 116°, Vertical 61°
- Rear Camera: Full HD (1920×1080) @ 30fps
- Rear Camera: STARVIS™ CMOS Sensor (Approx. 2.1 M Pixels) for crisp and detailed images both day and night
- Rear Camera: Diagonal 139°, Horizontal 116°, Vertical 61°
- 360° rotation to allow internal or external recording
- Loop recording
3 different record modes
- Event (built in shock sensor)
- Parking (built in motion sensor + shock sensor)
- Video storage in .MP4 format