For those looking for exterior rear recording, we recommend sticking with the standard DR650S-2CH.
The new BlackVue DR650S IR is a premium dash cam with an INFRARED equipped rear camera to illuminate the inside of your car during the night. The BlackVue DR650 IR model is ideal for those wishing to record the occupants of the vehicle, rather than record the external rear of the vehicle. The BlackVue DR650 IR is the best infrared dash cam on the market.
For those looking to mount the rear camera in close proximity to the front camera, a shorter 1.5 m coaxial cable to connect the cameras can be supplied at no additional cost, or can be purchased separately here. If you wish to swap out the standard 20 foot cable for the shorter cable (free of charge), please include this request in the order notes when checking out. The shorter cable removes the need to hide excess cable behind the headliner or body panels. Otherwise the standard 20 foot cable included with the camera can be used to connect the front and rear dash cam.
The sleek DR650S captures full-HD 1080p video and audio, has GPS speed and position logging built in, can accept up to a 128GB memory card, and can be accessed via local WiFi or remotely using BlackVue’s Over-The-Cloud app from your smartphone! BlackVue’s reputation for producing extremely high quality and reliable dash cameras is unparalleled in the technology industry, and this is especially true of their DR 650 series!
If you are familiar with the BlackVue product line, you may be wondering what the difference between the new BlackVue DR650S-IR-2CH and the BlackVue DR650GW-IR-2CH. Here are some of the comparisons between the two:
- Increased video quality
- Improved Cloud operations/performance
- Improved voice announcements
- Improved audio quality
- Rear camera power on/off button
- Rear camera LED light on/off button
- Rear camera 180° rotation option
- Reduced power consumption of rear camera
If you are the parent of a teen driver, click here to find out more about how this dash cam can allow you to monitor your child's driving in real time. If you are a TNC/Uber/Lyft driver, click here to find out how this dash cam can be useful for your profession.
If you order any BlackVue dash cam + Power Magic Pro combo purchase, you are eligible to receive a Fuse Tap set FREE! Please type "Include the free Fuse Tap Set" in the notes of your order and specify which fuse type (Low-profile Mini, Mini, Micro 2, ATO) or vehicle year, make, and model if you are unsure which fuse type you need. If you need help identifying which fuse tap set to order, please click here.
Features of the BlackVue DR 650 IR include:
- Slim, compact, matte black, cylindrical body for discreet recording on both front and rear unit
- Double-channel recording
- Easily detachable from mounting bracket via unit lock button for easy storage/hiding
Video Recording Capabilities
- Front Camera: Full HD (1920x1080) recording @ 30 or 15 fps & HD (1280x720) recording @ 30 or 15 fps
- Front Camera: 2.4 Megapixel Sony Exmor CMOS lens for crisp and detailed images both day and night
- Front Camera: 129° (Diagonal), 103° (Horizontal), 77° (Vertical)
- Rear Camera: HD (1280x720) recording @ 30 or 15 fps
- Rear Camera: 1.0 Megapixel Sony Exmor Infrared enabled CMOS lens for crisp and detailed images both day and night
(Top image shows a real recording in well lit situations, bottom image shows real recording in pitch black)
- Rear Camera: 129° (Diagonal), 108° (Horizontal), 57° (Vertical)
- 360° rotation to allow internal or external recording
- Loop recording
3 different record modes
- Event (built in shock sensor)
- Parking (built in motion sensor + shock sensor)
- Video storage in .MP4 format
Audio Recording/Speaker Capabilities
- Built in microphone for audio recording (with option to quickly disable/enable temporarily or permanently)
- Built in speaker for voice alerts
Video Storage Capabilities
MicroSD card storage compatibility (8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB)
- **We recommend sticking with BlackVue memory cards due to their excellent tolerance to extreme temperatures and constant read/write cycles
- Ability to record up to 6 hours of Full HD video with included 16GB MicroSD card before looping (up to 40 hours with 128GB MicroSD card)
- Easy “One Touch” formatting of SD Card by holding WiFi on/off button for 10 seconds
- Built in WiFi allows connection to dashcam via BlackVue’s official app (for Android, iPhone and Windows 8.1+ devices) to change configurations, livestream the dashcam, and download recorded videos at your fingertips without removing the SD card
- Upload downloaded videos directly to YouTube with the BlackVue app
- Built in GPS tracks vehicle location and speed and visualizes your route on map with BlackVue’s official app
Ease of Use
- User-friendly unit communication via voice alerts and simple LED icons
Windows and Mac compatible BlackVue PC Viewer software
- **BlackVue is the only dashcam provider that is Mac compatible
This DashCam Comes With:
- Front Camera
- Infrared Rear Camera
- Power Cord
- Double-sided Tape for Mounting Bracket
- MicroSD Card Reader
- Rear Camera Connection Cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Cable Clips (5 each)
- MicroSD Card (Including BlackVue Viewer and Manual)
BlackVue DR650 IR Sample Driving Footage
This unboxing video shows what would come with the camera and how to install it.
Day Time Front Video Sample
Night Time Front Video Sample
Night Time Interior Recording with IR Camera Video Sample
Between 0:00 and 0:36, the video recording is of a car in a slightly lit garage with the garage door open. From 0:36 to 0:47 the garage door shuts, but is still internally lit. From 0:49 to 1:02 is where the camera really shines - the lights are shut off and the recording is in complete darkness, and as you can see, the back seats of the vehicle are still completely illuminated from the camera’s infrared bulbs. From 1:03 onward, it shows the infrared camera in more common setting (on a semi-lit street, at night), which is probably the more common scenario TNC drivers will drive in. The video quality in the extreme range of complete darkness to well lit conditions shows the capabilities of the infrared enabled camera.