Use Promo Code "SG17" For $10 Off the Street Guardian SG9665GC V3! Free shipping and the sale ends this weekend!
As an authorized retailer of Street Guardian dash cams, we would like to introduce the Street Guardian SG9665GC V3 - the newest 2017 edition of the popular SG9665GC dash camera. The V2 version of the dash camera was declared one of the best dash cams on the DashCamTalk Forums! The newer SG9665GC V3 version adds some additional features such as a new and improved lens, and now free and included with purchase clip on CPL (Circular Polarizer Filter to reduce glare), making the camera even better, and a greater value for users! For an unboxing video and video review of the camera, scroll all the way to the end of the description!
The SG9665GC at a glance may look like other dash cameras out there such as the B40 or A118 devices, but do not be fooled. The external housing looks similar to other cameras, but in fact is much different. The external housing of the SG9665GC is all metal, where as the housing of the other cameras are made of cheap plastic. The all metal housing keeps the lens of the camera from warping in high heat, leading to a more focused and sharper image regardless of high temperatures.
The internal hardware of the SG9665GC v3 is also completely different and far superior to other lookalike cameras out there. The V3 2017 Edition SG9665GC uses a high end premium Sony IMX322 CMOS Sensor 7 element (6 glass + IR cut filter) lens that records 1080p Full HD at 30 FPS, @ 15 Mbit/sec, along with WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) for improved night time performance. The all glass, medium-wide cut lens results in a crystal clear and perfectly focused sharp image. The V3 version also now includes a free CPL Filter to clip onto the lens to reduce glare! Most other dash cam manufacturers require polarizing filters to be purchased at additional cost, but Street Guardian realizes how much this filter improves video quality and wants to provide their customers with the best value!
The processor of the Street Guardian SG9665GC is a Novatek 96655 Processor, and has been known to perform exceptionally well in all conditions, and has a much higher heat tolerance than the B40/A1188 cameras that use a lower quality processor. The dash cam runs on a capacitor rather than a battery for better heat tolerance. The storage temperatures of the dash cam are -20c to 70c (-4 F to 158 F) and operating temps are -10 to 60c (14 F to 140 F). Lab testing is done beyond those extremes and the rated temps are well within the tested upper and lower temp levels to ensure the camera will operate in a wide range of conditions. Although the SG9665GC does not have a dedicated parking mode, the camera still features a pause/resume motion detection system. The motion detection timeout values and sensitivity can be adjusted in the menu.
The SG9665GC also has a built in microphone and speaker. The microphone has excellent sensitivity for a far superior sound quality than other cameras out there. Street Guardian recognizes the need to be able to easily turn off and on audio recordings, so users can easily change settings to disable audio recording. The included external GPS of the SG9665GC is also a major performance point of the dash cam. The GPS chipset used in the SG9665GC is an Ublox 7020 (quality chipset made in Switzerland) and has no problem acquiring a GPS signal quickly, regardless of whether the vehicle is moving quickly, or still, or coming out of a signal-less area (underground in a tunnel). Chipsets used in cheaper dash cams will take time to acquire signals, especially when coming from areas of no signal such as underground.
The Street Guardian SG9665GC v3 also still has the 1.5 inch HD TFT screen, which users love. The screen is useful for monitoring the camera's status, adjusting the settings and adjusting the camera's angle before/after mounting. Despite the screen, the dash cam is still stealthy, measuring in at 2.83 inches (Length) X 2.04 inches (Width) X 1.69 inches (Height) excluding the mounting bracket. The mounting bracket mounts directly on the windshield, hugging close to it for a discrete and stealthy dash cam solution that raises no suspicions, unlike the suction cup style mount dash cameras. The camera also removes easily from the mounting bracket, making it extremely easy to move between vehicles. In the box also comes with a spare mounting bracket. Another neat feature of the camera is the ability to lock video files via a button, or when the file is detected to be an event by the G-Sensor. This makes sure that important files are never accidentally overwritten.
In the box of the SG9665GC also comes an included Class 10 32GB Transcend Micro SD card but the dash cam supports up to 256GB memory card. Everything needed to operate the camera and begin protecting yourself on the road is included in the box.
Street Guardian's brand name, and the reputation of this camera on the forum boards speaks for itself. This camera is a must have for dash cam enthusiasts, or beginners alike, and those looking for a feature rich, high performing dash cam will not be disappointed with this purchase.
This camera ships ships with Free Standard Shipping to anywhere in the United States. We offer international shipping on this item except to Russia, EU, EEA, CIS, Australia, and New Zealand.
This dash camera comes with a 60 day hassle free return policy and 1 Year Warranty.
- SG9665GC V3 Dash Cam
- Thin Adhesive Mounting Bracket
- Thick Adhesive Mounting Bracket
- Spare 3M Mount Tape
- Clip On CPL Filter
- 12v-24v Power Cord - Plug into your Car's Cigarette Power Port (4m or 13 feet)
- Cable Clips - Keep those wires tucked away & neat!
- Cable Cover Top - Achieve that professional OEM installation look
- Cable Cover Base
- EVA foam pads for mount bracket
- Spare 3M tape for cable cover
- Microfiber Carrying Bag - Protect your DashCam on the go or while stored
- Quick Start Guide Manual - Paper English Instruction Manual Booklet
- Cable Cover Screw
- 3M Bracket Removal String - Use String Between 3M Adhesive Bracket and Glass for easy removal
- SG-GPS logger - External GPS Logger, capture speed and location data
- Spare 3M GPS tape
- AV Out Extension Cable
- Trim Pry Tool
- Street Guardian Sticker
- Windshield Cleaner Wipes
- Audio Recording Warning Sicker
- 32GB microSD Card - Premium 32GB Transcend microSD card included
- microSD Card Reader - MicroSD OTG/USB combo Card Reader included!
- Android compatible OTG memory Card reader (microUSB/USB 2.0)
- Street Guardian 1080p 30 FPS DVR
- Processor: Novatek NT96655
- Lens: 7 Element Metal body all Glass lens, 135° diagonal viewing angle
- Included CPL clip on filter lens
- CMOS sensor: Sony Exmor IMX322
- Video resolution: Full HD 1080P at 30fps @ 15Mbit/sec
- Video format: H.264 compression, MOV format
- LCD display: 1.5-inch HD TFT screen
- Microphone: Built-in, on/off menu selectable
- Speaker: Built in
- Storage media: SDHC MicroSD card, 32GB Class10 recommended (included, or choose larger option), 265GB maximum (new native large microSD card support in latest firmware)
- Gapless recording: Supported
- Recording cycle: Menu selectable 1 min/3 min/5 min
- Date stamped video: Supported
- Custom user text: Supported
- Motion detection: Supported
- Soft shutdown: Supported, last file save and soft shutdown
- Screen saver: Supported, menu selectable 3 minutes, 1 minute, off
- Night mode: Wide dynamic range (WDR)
- Built-in G-sensor: Yes, with adjustable sensitivity
- Incident file protect: Automatic by G-Sensor/Manual emergency by button
- GPS: Included (external)
- GPS time and date sync: Supported
- Exposure compensation: Menu selectable -2.0 to 2.0
- White balance: Auto
- Language: English/Spanish/Russian/Portuguese/German/Italian/Japanese/French/Simplified Chinese/Traditional Chinese
- Output mode: mini USB 5-pin port and DC 5V
- Power supply: Fail-safe Super Capacitor
- RTC: Supported
- Dimensions/weight (LxWxH): 72 x 52 x 43mm (excluding the bracket) OR 2.83 inches (Length) X 2.04 inches (Width) X 1.69 inches (Height)
- Unit Net Weight: 78g or 2.7 ounces
Video Review/Driving Footage