Use Promo Code "650S" For $10 Off the BlackVue DR650S-2CH! Free shipping and the sale ends this weekend!
The new addition to BlackVue’s DR 650 line is the BlackVue DR650S-2CH dual-lens dash camera! The DR650S 2CH is a two channel dash cam that is the latest upgrade from the previously legendary DR650GW-2CH! The sleek DR650S captures full-HD 1080p video and audio, has GPS speed and position logging built in, can accept up to a 128GB memory card, and can be accessed via local WiFi or remotely using BlackVue’s Over-The-Cloud app from your smartphone! BlackVue’s reputation for producing extremely high quality and reliable dash cameras is unparalleled in the technology industry, and this is especially true of their DR 650 series!
If you are familiar with the BlackVue product line, you may be wondering what the difference between the new BlackVue DR650S-2CH and the BlackVue DR650GW-2CH. Here are some of the comparisons between the two:
- Increased video quality
- Improved Cloud operations/performance
- Improved voice announcements
- Improved audio quality
- Rear camera power on/off button
- Rear camera LED light on/off button
- Rear camera 180° rotation option
- Reduced power consumption of rear camera
The DR650S-2CH front camera still utilizes the incredible 2.4MP Sony Exmor CMOS image sensor, but has an increased video bitrate that allows the videos to be recorded in a higher quality 1080p video! The video is also compressed into the easily manageable .MP4 format, allowing for easy uploading and viewing. The 2.4MP Sony Exmor CMOS image sensor on the DR650S has a 29° wide angle lens (103° horizontal, 77° vertical) that can capture everything in front your vehicle! The rear camera continues to capture video at a 720p HD resolution.
The DR650S-2CH offers better voice alerts than previous models that ensures the driver that the dashcam is functioning properly and when it is turned on or off. These voice announcements can be turned off once you have become accustomed to the operations of the DR 650S! The LED status lights on the side and back of the 650S can also give the driver information on what mode is currently running. Additionally, the DR650S-2CH is Cloud-Capable, allowing it to be wirelessly connected to the BlackVue official Over-The-Cloud app on your smartphone! Right from your smartphone, you can configure your settings, stream live from your dashcam, and immediately download videos and upload videos from your dashcam. This Cloud technology can be accessed as long as there is a WiFi hotspot signal available in your vehicle or there is a mobile hotspot device. Some of the functionalities of the app include live viewing of the camera, vehicle GPS and speed tracking, and alerts if something happens to your vehicle! Check out this detailed blog post about the BlackVue DR650S Over-the-Cloud functionalities!
The DR650S-2CH includes either a factory-installed 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, or 128GB memory card. You may choose the BlackVue microSD memory card size above. The memory card is provided by BlackVue and is already installed inside the DR650S, allowing it to record as soon as you receive it! Please note that while the memory cards are removeable and the card slot will accept other brands of microSD memory cards, we strongly suggest the use of ONLY BlackVue memory cards in the BlackVue dashcams. The BlackVue OEM memory cards are industrial-grade and are specifically designed to withstand the extreme high and low temperatures that a dash camera may undergo while being left within vehicles throughout the day. They are also made to facilitate the constant read/write cycles of a high quality dash camera. We at Dashcam Bros are unable to offer support when non-BlackVue memory cards are used. To ensure your dashcam is always recording, stick with the most reliable memory cards on the market today!
The DR650S-2CH installation is simple: just plug the DR650S into the cigarette lighter power plug and it will begin recording the front and rear for you automatically. The DR 650S also comes with a parking mode, which works while the vehicle is stationary. While in this mode, the DR 650S dashcam will monitor activity all the time, but only start actually recording to the memory card when the built-in G-sensors detect any haphazard activity (a gentle bump to the vehicle for example), or if motion is detected in front of the lens (someone prowling around the car), therefore preventing you from having to sort through a memory card full of unnecessary recordings.
In order to utilize the parking mode, you need to either plug the DR650S-2CH into a cigarette lighter power outlet that is on all the time (even when the car is turned off), or you can purchase a Power Magic Pro, which is a BlackVue accessory that easily integrates with your car's fuse box and will supply constant power to the 650 while ensuring your car battery does not drop too low.
If you order any BlackVue dash cam + Power Magic Pro combo purchase, you are eligible to receive a Fuse Tap set FREE! Please type "Include the free Fuse Tap Set" in the notes of your order and specify which fuse type (Low-profile Mini, Mini, Micro 2, ATO) or vehicle year, make, and model if you are unsure which fuse type you need. If you need help identifying which fuse tap set to order, please click here.
If you're looking for a single-lens (forward-facing only) dashcam like this DR650S-2CH, please see our BlackVue DR650S-1CH.
Features of the dash cam include:
- Slim, compact, matte black, cylindrical body for discreet recording
- Double-channel recording
- Easily detachable from mounting bracket via unit lock button for easy storage/hiding
Video Recording Capabilities
- Front Camera: Full HD (1920x1080) recording @ 30 fps
- Front Camera: 2.4 Megapixel Sony Exmor CMOS lens for crisp and detailed images both day and night
- Front Camera: 129° (Diagonal), 103° (Horizontal), 77° (Vertical)
- Rear Camera: HD (1280x720) recording @ 30 fps
- Rear Camera: 1.0 Megapixel Sony Exmor CMOS lens for crisp and detailed images both day and night
- Rear Camera: 129° (Diagonal), 103° (Horizontal), 77° (Vertical)
- 360° rotation to allow internal or external recording
- Loop recording
3 different record modes
- Event (built in shock sensor)
- Parking (built in motion sensor + shock sensor)
- Video storage in .MP4 format
Audio Recording/Speaker Capabilities
- Built in microphone for audio recording (with option to quickly disable/enable temporarily or permanently)
- Built in speaker for voice alerts
Video Storage Capabilities
MicroSD card storage compatibility (16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB)
- **We recommend sticking with BlackVue memory cards due to their excellent tolerance to extreme temperatures and constant read/write cycles
- Ability to record up to 6 hours of Full HD video with included 16GB MicroSD card before looping (up to 40 hours with 128GB MicroSD card)
- Connect to BlackVue’s official app (for Android, iPhone and Windows 8.1+ devices) via built in WiFi to change configurations, livestream the dashcam, and download recorded videos at your fingertips without removing the SD card
- Upload downloaded videos directly to YouTube with the BlackVue app
- Built in GPS tracks vehicle location and speed and visualizes your route on map with BlackVue’s official app
Ease of Use
- User-friendly unit communication via voice alerts and simple LED icons
Windows and Mac compatible BlackVue PC Viewer software
- **BlackVue is the only dash cam provider that is Mac compatible
The DR650S-2CH includes FREE priority ground shipping within the continental United States. Expedited shipping may be selected during checkout for an additional fee. International shipping is not available on this item. We apologize to our international customers!
BlackVue DR650S Unboxing and Review
BlackVue DR650S Day Time Front Footage
BlackVue DR650S Day Time Rear Front Footage
BlackVue DR650S Night Time Front Footage
BlackVue DR650S Night Time Rear Footage
BlackVue DR650S Installation Guide
BlackVue DR650S and Power Magic Battery Pack Installation
BlackVue DR650S and Power Magic Pro Installation