The Magellan MiVue 420 is an easy to use, one channel dash cam that is designed to record everything that is happening in front of your vehicle. The MiVue 420 dashcam records video in crystal clear 1296p Super HD (2304x1296), which is even better than 1080p resolution. The 2.7" hi-definition LCD display makes it easy to play back and watch recorded footage on the unit, and the built-in battery means you can even remove the 420 from the windshield and record videos or pictures outside of the vehicle for up to an hour if necessary (useful for taking still photos of any damage or paperwork after an accident).
The MiVue 420 comes with an intuitive user interface making it simple to access the many possible options should a user wish and, once plugged into your vehicle's power connector, begins recording in a continuous loop.
If you're interested in a front-facing and rear-facing dashcam system, check out the Magellan MiVue 480D, which is essentially the same as the 420, except with the addition of a secondary rear camera for a dual channel set up.
The MiVue 420 attaches to your front windshield with the included suction cup mount. All you need to do is plug the dash cam into the cigarette lighter power outlet, and you're all set! The MiVue 420 will begin recording as soon as you turn on your car. You can also use one of our dash cam installation kits if you'd like to ditch the standard power cord in favor of a more hidden solution that will still power on and off automatically.
The MiVue 420 boasts a high quality F1.8 lens, allowing the MiVue 420 to capture excellent low-light and night time footage as well as clear daytime footage. The MiVue 420 utilizes WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) to account for any lighting condition and still provide excellent quality video recordings at 30 frames per second.
The MiVue 420's G-Sensor continually monitors the vehicle's 3 axis movement. If the vehicle is hit or quickly changes directions, the sensor tells the camera to lock the video from 15 seconds before the incident occurred to 50 seconds after. The Magellan MiVue 420 dashcam also captures and displays the date, time, speed, and GPS coordinates (latitude and longitude) on the saved video.
The MiVue 420 also has a dedicated emergency lock button that allows you to "lock" (or preserve) a particularly important video file that you don't want to be overwritten as the dash cam does normal loop recording. This is useful for saving moments of beautiful scenery, crossing wildlife, outrageous behavior, and other unexpected events you may happen across while driving!
The Magellan MiVue 420 Dash cam also provides a parking mode feature to record incidents while your vehicle is parked. When engaged the front facing camera automatically begins to record if the camera senses any motion or car movement. If your car is equipped with a continuous powered connector the MiVue 420 will record for the entire length of time you are away from the vehicle. If your vehicle does not have a continuously powered connector, Parking Mode will operate for 30 minutes, when the unit is fully charged.
The MiVue 420 comes with a host of features designed to assist drivers while on the road. Magellan’s MiVue 420 DashCam driver assistance features provide added security for you or loved ones no matter the driver's experience, and you can always turn off these features if you so desire.
- Lane Departure and Forward Collision Warnings are accident avoidance features that you can customize to alert you as your vehicle either starts to leave your lane or gets too close to a vehicle in front of you.
- Safety Camera Alerts warn you of traffic cameras nearby. Speed Limit and Cruise Speed features help you maintain safe driving speeds.
- Driver Fatigue Alert can be customized to various lengths of driving time and warn you when it’s time to take a break.
- Headlight Reminder monitors the amount of visible light and reminds you to turn on your headlights.
Magellan's MiVue 420 comes with powerful software tools, called MiVue Manager, that organizes your videos for quicker browsing, simpler sharing to social media sites like YouTube and Facebook, and overlays your recorded routes in Google maps to see your route synchronized to the video. The MiVue Manager can also take accident footage and synchronize it to show driving directions while displaying the 3-axis G forces encountered during the event.
A Micro SD memory card (8, 16, 32, 64, or 128gb - Class 10 or higher) is required for use with the MiVue 420. An 8gb memory card is included inside the MiVue 420 box, so you can begin using the 420 right away, and upgrade your storage capacity later if you like. The included 8gb memory card holds about an hour and a half of full resolution Super HD footage, whereas a 128gb memory card will hold up to 21 hours of Super HD video.
This item includes FREE ground shipping within the continental United States. International shipping is also available on this item.
- Super HD (2304x1296) video!
- Dedicated emergency event button to prevent an important video file from being overwritten.
- Solid build quality
- Simple operation with plug and go operation
- Built-in GPS to log position and speed at all times, and to alert you of any speed/red light cameras
- Includes an 8gb memory card
- Accepts up to a 128gb memory card (for up to 21 hours of continuous full-resolution video footage).
Included in the Box:
- 1 MiVue 420 In-car Video Camera
- 1 adjustable suction cup windshield mount
- 1 cigarette lighter outlet power cord (11.5ft)
- 1 Class 10 8gb Micro SD memory card (pre-installed in dashcam)
- 1 Micro SD memory card adapter
- 1 Quick-Start User Guide (English/Spanish/French)
Full Feature List:
- Maximum Video Resolution: 1296p (2304x1296) HD, 30 FPS
- 7" LCD Screen
- 8 Aperture Lens, Sony CMOS Image Sensor
- 140 degree viewing angle
- Video file format: .MP4
- Video codec: H.264
- Built-in lithium-ion battery (up to 1hr)
- Low-light functionality
- Length: 3.5" / 89mm
- Width: 1.9" / 49mm
- Depth: 1.5" / 37mm
- Weight: 3.6oz / 102g
- Adjustable Exposure
- Wide Dynamic Range
- Audio Recording
- GPS Speed and Position Logging
- Driver Safety Alerts
- Date Stamp
- Speed Stamp
- Coordinates Stamp
- Certification: FCC/CE
- Interfaces: Mini-USB Power In
- Memory Card Type: MicroSD / MicroSDHC (up to 128gb)