The Magellan RoadMate 6620-LM is a fully functional 1080P dash cam that is also a fully function turn-by-turn GPS navigation device all in one unit! On the navigation side, you get everything you would expect such as address search, point-of-interest database, turn-by-turn directions, and free lifetime updates on the detailed pre-loaded North American maps. On the dash cam side, you get high definition video and audio recording (with looping when the card is full), wide angle lens, G-Sensor for impact detection, and more. The RoadMate 6620 is perfect for those who want both a GPS navigation unit and a dash cam, but don't want to have two separate devices on their windshield.
Magellan's RoadMate 6620-LM features a 5" (12.7 cm) high-resolution touchscreen display for easy viewing of the live map or turn-by-turn directions. The RoadMate 6620 is a deluxe navigation device, offering lane assistance (shows and tells you exactly which lane to be in when approaching confusing intersections or interchanges) as well as landmark guidance (informs you when to make turns based on both distance and the nearest landmark or point of reference, e.g. "turn right in 200 feet, just before the Exxon gas station"). It also displays the speed limit of the road you're driving on the screen. The RoadMate 6620 also contains built-in information on the best parking lot and garages (including their prices and hours) near you wherever you are.
The RoadMate 6620 dashcam forward-facing camera lens records video in Full HD 1080p resolution. There's even a G-Shock Sensor built-in to detect sudden impact, in order to lock certain video files and data to preserve any critical event such as a fender bender. If you're a true "road warrior" and are interested in adding live traffic updates as well to your dashcam + navigation device, check out the Magellan RoadMate 6630T-LM, which is essentially the same as the 6620, with the addition of real-time traffic / obstacle information which can alert you of incidents on your route and automatically re-route you on a faster way.
To install the RoadMate 6620, just attached the dash cam to the front windshield using the included suction cup mount, plug in the RoadMate 6620 to the cigarette lighter power outlet, and you're all set! The RoadMate 6620 will begin recording from the front camera lens as soon as you turn on your car. You can also use one of our dashcam installation kits if you'd like to ditch the standard power cord in favor of a more hidden solution that will still power on and off automatically.
A Micro SD memory card (8, 16, 32, or 64gb - Class 10 or higher) is required for use with the RoadMate 6620 (to store the dashcam video recordings). An 8gb memory card is included inside the RoadMate 6620 box, so you can begin using the 6620 right away, and upgrade your storage capacity later if you like. The included 8gb memory card holds about two hours of full resolution HD footage, whereas a 64gb memory card will hold up to 18 hours of Full HD video.
This item includes FREE ground shipping within the continental United States. International shipping is also available on this item.
Notable Features of the RoadMate 6620:
- GPS Navigation and dash cam in one unit!
- All videos are recorded in Full HD (1920x1080) resolution!
- Navigation features such as landmark and lane guidance
- Solid build quality
- Simple operation. Just power on and go.
- Built-in alerts for speed limits and any red-light cameras in your path
- Includes an 8gb memory card so you don't have to buy anything else!
- Accepts up to a 64gb memory card (for up to 18 hours of continuous full-resolution video footage).
Included in the Box:
- 1 RoadMate 6620-LM GPS Navigation + In-car Video Camera
- 1 adjustable suction cup windshield mount
- 1 cigarette lighter outlet power cord (11.5ft)
- 1 Class 10 8gb Micro SD memory card (pre-installed in memory card slot)
- 1 Micro SD memory card adapter
- 1 Quick-Start User Guide (English/Spanish/French)
Full Feature List:
- Maximum Video Resolution: Full HD 1080p (1920x1080) @ 30FPS
- 0" LCD Multi-point Touchscreen
- 122 degree viewing angle
- Video file format: .MP4
- Video codec: H.264
- Built-in lithium-ion battery (up to 1hr)
- Low-light functionality
- Length: 5.3" / 135mm
- Width: 3.3" / 84mm
- Depth: 0.75" / 19mm
- Weight: 6.4oz / 181g
- Adjustable Exposure
- Wide Dynamic Range
- Audio Recording
- GPS Speed and Position Logging
- Driver Safety Alerts
- Date Stamp
- Speed Stamp
- Coordinates Stamp
- Certification: FCC/CE
- Interfaces: Mini-USB Power In
- Memory Card Type: MicroSD / MicroSDHC (up to 64gb)