REMEMBER: FORMATTING YOUR SD CARD WILL WIPE THE DATA THAT IS CURRENTLY ON IT. MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP YOUR VIDEO FILES BEFORE FORMATTING YOUR SD CARD.
Your memory SD card plays an extremely important role in the proper functioning of your dash camera. It is just as important that your SD card is formatted to the proper format (ie exFAT, or FAT32) depending on the type of camera, and size of the SD Card. When using a 64GB SD Card or higher, it is important that you format the card to FAT32 format if the card does not already come formatted in FAT32.
Please follow the instructions below on how to format your SD card to FAT32.
For Windows Users:
- Insert the SD card into your computer.
- Backup any important files from the SD card you want to keep.
- Download the FAT32 Format tool here.
- Open the GUI Format tool you just downloaded.
- Choose the drive you want to format (make sure to choose the correct external drive the SD Card is plugged into)
- Leave the Allocation Size to the default option.
- Leave the "Quick Format" option checked.
- Hit Start.
- Safely eject the SD Card and plug the card back into your dash cam.
For MAC Users: