Are you having issues connecting to your BlackVue Dash Cam via WiFi? If so, then this guide is meant to help walk you through the issue and solve it. After completing all the steps carefully, if you are still not able to connect to the dash cam's WiFi, then contact us at email@example.com.
- Connecting your smartphone to the built in BlackVue Dash Cam Wifi
- BlackVue Dash Cam WiFi Troubleshooting?
Connecting your smartphone to the built in BlackVue Dash Cam Wifi
Video Tutorial on Connecting BlackVue Dash Cam to WiFi
**Press play on the video below**
- Determine if your BlackVue Dash Cam has built in WiFi (supported models are the BlackVue DR650GW Series, BlackVue DR650S Series, BlackVue DR750 Series)
- Download the BlackVue App in the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and install it on your smartphone.
- Make sure the WiFi is turned on for your dash cam - please refer to your dash cam manual on how to do this.
- Pair your smartphone with the BlackVue dashcam via direct Wi-Fi:
- Go to your smartphone's Settings then select Wi-Fi, and make sure Wi-Fi is turned on, then choose your BlackVue dash cam from the WiFi network list. The dash cam's default SSID begins with its model number (e.g. DR650S-******).
- Enter the default password "blackvue" and tap Join.
- Open the BlackVue C app and select BlackVue Wi-Fi
- Direct Wi-Fi lets you directly connect your smartphone to your dashcam via Wi-Fi within a range of 10m.
- The BlackVue C app is available for devices running Android 4.4.2 and up, or iOS 8.0 or later.
BlackVue Dash Cam WiFi Troubleshooting
- I cannot connect to WiFi - either it fails to connect, or I get a WiFi is weak error.
- Confirm that you are using a BlackVue branded SD card that came with the camera. We highly recommend using the BlackVue brand SD cards as they perform best with the camera and resolve a lot of WiFi connectivity issues the camera may experience with other brand SD cards. If you are not using the BlackVue brand SD card, please run the camera with the BlackVue SD card to see if the problem still persists.
- Confirm that the camera is powered and on, and that the dash cam's WiFi is turned on. Please refer to the instructional manual if you are unsure how to do this.
- Confirm that you are within 10 meters of the dash cam.
- Download the latest smartphone app version from the Google or Apple store.
- Complete a full reformat of the SD card and install the latest dash cam firmware version onto the SD card using the instructions below. We have found that a full reformat will fix many WiFi issues while a quick reformat (holding WiFi button for 10 seconds) will not fix many of the issues.
- After completing all the steps above, plug the SD card back into the camera, power the dash cam and attempt to reconnect to the WiFi using the instructions in the section above titled "Connecting your smartphone to the built in BlackVue Dash Cam WiFi".
- The default WiFi password after reformat is "blackvue".
If the steps above did not fix the problem, then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the problem you are experiencing, and whether you completed the steps above.
We will then figure out the best method to proceed. If we issue a return shipping label for warranty, please send back the front camera, rear camera (if a 2-channel system), as well as the SD card, without any mounts or cables, so we can diagnose the problem.