Nextbase 522GW 2K HD Touchscreen Dashcam With Amazon Alexa
Built-In Amazon Alexa
The Nextbase 522GW dashcam is an excellent value for the features it offers. You can control your dashcam and smartphone, hands-free, with built-in Amazon Alexa. Alert emergency responders automatically with your location and health information using the emergency SOS alert service. With Wi-Fi, GPS, intelligent parking mode, and a built-in polarizing filter, the 522GW is able to operate almost completely on its own. The 522GW has a 3" LCD touchscreen, compared to the 2.5" LCD screens of previous generations, making it easier to configure, edit, share, and playback footage. Read on to learn more!
Our favorite features of Nextbase 522GW
- 140-degree wide-angle lens captures crisp 1080p HD footage @60fps
- Built-in Amazon Alexa with tons of voice command features
- Emergency SOS Alert Response
- Automatically sync files to your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth
- Bluetooth low-energy
- Built-in Wi-Fi & GPS
- Built-in Polarizing Filter
- Upload footage to the MyNextbase Cloud for free
- 3" LCD touchscreen Screen
- Click&Go PRO car mount with magnetic power connectors
- Discrete and compact design
- Can plug-in an additional secondary camera
- Intelligent Parking mode detects impacts and automatically records for 30 seconds
- Internal microphone to record audio
- Photo mode for taking photographs
Built-In Amazon Alexa
The 522GW comes with built-in Amazon Alexa. Keep your hands on the wheel and eyes on the road and let Alexa do all the work for you. You can ask Alexa to control your dash cam, play music, make phone calls, listen to audiobooks, hear the news, check the weather, control smart home devices, get directions, find parking, and more!
The 522GW films 1440p HD resolution footage at 30 frames per second. At 2K QHD, your footage will be crystal clear allowing you to record detailed information such as license plates, signs, and lights.
SOS Emergency Alert
Your 522GW will automatically connect to your smartphone every time you enter your vehicle. In the event of a collision, the MyNextbase app will automatically start a countdown timer and ring until the driver confirms that they are okay on the app. If the alert is not canceled, emergency services will be contacted automatically with critical information such as:
- Accident Information: GPS location, heading, and time of event
- Medical Information: History, allergies, blood type, doctors' details
- Personal Details: Next of kin, home address, phone number
- Car Details: Make and model, license plate number
2.5" LCD Touch Screen Screen
While the cheaper model 222 comes with a standard LCD viewing screen, the rest of the series-2 lineup enjoy an IPS touchscreen, starting with the 322GW. With the touchscreen, Nextbase has also added "on-dash cam editing," which allows you to edit and share your videos directly from the touchscreen.
Built-in Polarizing Filter
The built-in polarizing filter is another great upgrade included with the 522GW and 622GW. Eliminate sun reflections and glare, and make sure important details aren't obstructed by unlucky bright sunlight. With a rotating bezel, you can position the reflection-free lens in your vehicle exactly how you want it.
Optional Secondary Camera
Concerned that you might want to upgrade to a dual (two dash cam system) set up in the future? Nextbase has you covered! Starting with the 322GW and up, the Nextbase series-2 dash cameras feature a modular secondary camera design, which means that two of the three secondary cameras plug directly into the side of your dash camera, while the third is connected via a USB cable. Check out these optional secondary cameras:
- Rear Mounted Rear Facing: Plugged directly into your dash cam via USB, this rear-facing camera is mounted on the rear windshield, protecting from tailgaters, rear impacts, and rear parking incidents.
- Rear Facing: Similar to the camera above except this plugs directly into the side of the front camera. Easier to install and set up.
- Interior Facing: Plugs directly into the side of the dash cam and captures everything inside your vehicle. Great for rideshare drivers and company vehicles.
Bluetooth & Wi-Fi AutoSync
Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections between the 522GW and your phone or tablet are established directly. No need for mobile data or a Wi-Fi hotspot to connect to the web. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are easily turned on in the settings menu. With your dash cam and device connected, you can:
- Upload your footage to MyNextbase Cloud Service
- Edit and share your videos directly from your phone with friends, family, social media, or insurer
- Utilize Dual File Recording meaning Both high-resolution and low-resolution files are recorded simultaneously. The low-resolution file makes streaming and sharing easier by enabling the clip to be downloaded faster with less buffering.
Click&Go PRO Magnetic Mount
Nextbase's Click&Go PRO car mount with magnetic power connectors comes included with the 522GW. The dash cam snaps directly onto the mount allowing for easy installation and swapping between vehicles.
As soon as you park and turn off your ignition, Nextbase's intelligent parking mode will immediately go into "parking mode" by shutting down everything but the G Force sensor. The 522GW will automatically turn on and record for 30 seconds if the sensor detects an impact.
Included in the Box
- 1 Nextbase 522GW Forward-Facing Dash Camera
- 1 Click&Go PRO Magnetic Mount
- 1 Alternative Suction Mount
- 1 Car Power Cable
- 1 USB Cable
- 1 Power Cable Fitting Tool
- 1 Spare 3M Adhesive Pad